Help with your Lens Options Here at internetspecs.co.uk, we have kept our sunglasses lens options simple and at a great price. Because of their high overheads, high street opticians need to charge you a lot for both the sunglasses frame and any alternative lenses required. Online opticians will often make high profits on just the lenses. We have chosen to do neither! Our overheads are not high so there is no need to have our prices high - good for you!• If you just require the original manufacturer lenses, please simply select 'Original Sunglasses Lenses'. These lenses will be PLANO (non-prescription). They're scratch-resistant, hard coated lenses and have ultra-violet (UV) protection against the sun. We usually specify whether the lenses are solid or graduated. Solid lenses have the same shade over the whole lens. Graduated lenses gradually become a lighter shade; starting with a darker shade at the top of the lens and going to a lighter shade at the bottom.• Our standard Kodak 1.5 Tinted Sun Lenses and our thin and lightweight Kodak 1.6 Tinted Sun Lenses are ‘fixed tint’ (they are always coloured and so are for day use only). They will absorb 85% of sunlight. They come in 3 different colours: brown, grey and green.
• Our 1.5 Polarised sun lenses are tinted and eliminate glare, offering 100% protection from harmful UV rays. They're ideal for those sunny sunrises and sunsets when you can be 'blinded' by the sun, even while wearing 'normal' sunglasses. Polarised lenses must not be worn while driving at night. They come in 2 different colours: brown and grey.
• Our 1.5 & 1.6 Transition® lenses (known as 'Photochromatic Lenses' and available in either brown, grey or green), change colour in sunlight, meaning that you can use them during the day or at night. They are temperature dependent, darkening better in colder climates such as Northern Europe (in snowy conditions, they become extra dark, due to the intense ultraviolet light). Transitions® need ultraviolet rays from daylight to darken, meaning they're not always suitable for behind a car windscreen (our Polarised lenses are good during sunny driving conditions - please see above). The lenses without anti-reflection (AR) coating are darker in sunny conditions, whereas with anti-reflection (AR) coating, they are better inside and at night because they are lighter in colour. The thin 1.6 Transition® lenses come with an AR coating. The higher lens index value (1.6) causes reflections to increase. Having an AR coating helps to eliminate this.
Please note: Our grey, brown and green 1.5 Transitions® and our green 1.6 Transitions® have a more limited prescription range than we have for most of our other lenses. Certain prescriptions will require more expensive 'surfaced' lenses. If this is the case for you, we will contact you very soon after you place your order to ask if you wish to pay the extra cost for 'surfaced' lenses or, in the case of the 1.5 Transition® lenses, if you wish to upgrade to 1.6 Transitions® in either grey or brown, or if you wish to change or cancel your order.
• It's also possible for you to have clear lenses into the sunglasses frame (for those who really love the sunglasses frame but want to have them as prescription glasses). We have Kodak 'CleaAR' 1.6 Thin & Lightweight Anti-Reflection (AR) Lenses* (Single Vision only). These lenses will be noticeably thinner and lighter than standard 1.5 or 1.56 lenses. For those who are long sighted (a positive (+) Sphere (SPH) reading), we will use 1.6 Aspheric lenses which will make the centre of the lenses even thinner. (You may have noticed that our Cylinder (CYL) drop-down forms opposite for the left and right eyes only go up to -2.00. However, for our 1.6 lenses, if you have a negative Sphere (SPH) reading, we are still able to supply, for no extra cost, CYL's higher than -2.00, up to -4.00. You won't be able to input this onto our forms so please either upload a copy of your prescription to us or tell us in the 'Any Additional Information' form).• Our Kodak 'CleAR' 1.67 Extra-Thin Anti-Reflection (AR) Lenses are even thinner and more lightweight than our 1.6 lenses. (for those who really like the sunglasses frame but want to have clear lenses and use them as prescription glasses). They are great for any prescription but are particularly good for those who have a high prescription (sphere (SPH) reading above +/- 2). No matter what your prescription is, our 1.67 lenses are always Aspheric. Aspheric lenses allow the lenses to be made thinner and flatter. (You may have noticed that our Cylinder (CYL) drop-down forms opposite for the left and right eyes only go up to -2.00. However, for our 1.67 lenses, if you have a negative Sphere (SPH) reading, we are still able to supply, for no extra cost, CYL's higher than -2.00, up to -4.00. You won't be able to input this onto our forms so please either upload a copy of your prescription to us or tell us in the 'Any Additional Information' form). • Our Kodak 'CleaAR' 1.74 Ultra-Thin Anti-Reflection (AR) lenses are the thinnest and most lightweight plastic lenses available (for those who really like the sunglasses frame but want clear lenses and use them as prescription glasses). They are only available from us if you have a negative prescription (the Sphere (SPH) reading). We recommend choosing a 1.74 lens if your prescription is higher than -4.50 for the Sphere (SPH) reading (i.e: from -4.50 to -8). Our 1.74 AR lenses are also Aspheric which contributes to the lenses being thinner and flatter.
• Our 1.59 AR Polycarbonate lenses are good for sport as they are tougher than normal lenses. (for those who love the sunglasses frame but want clear lenses and use them as prescription glasses). They're know as 'plastic aluminium' - weight for weight, they're four times the strength of aluminium - the material is used for riot shields. Because they're 1.59, they're also thin lenses.Please note: Our 1.59 Polycarbonate lenses have a more limited prescription range than we have for most of our other lenses. Certain prescriptions will require more expensive 'surfaced' lenses. If this is the case for you, we will contact you very soon after you place your order to ask if you wish to pay the extra cost for 'surfaced' lenses or if you wish to change or cancel your order.* Occasionally, for those with a low prescription (sphere (SPH) reading around Plano (0) to 1) selecting a pair of semi-rimless (supra) sunglasses, we may have to use a thicker lens (1.5 or 1.56) to enable glazing to occur. Here is the technical bit! - for semi-rimless sunglasses, the edges of the lenses have to be thick enough to allow a groove to be cut to hold the nylon thread. On occasion, a 1.6 lens will be just too thin. Please be assured that we'll contact you before we do this to make sure you're happy with us using a thicker lens.* For the rare occurrence that you have a positive (+) prescription sphere (SPH) reading, you have a small pupillary distance measurement and you choose a wide frame, we would have to use a special lens (known as a ‘surfaced’ lens) to get the centre of the lens in the correct place. In the unlikely event that this occurs for you, we will need to ask you for an additional payment. Please be assured that if this case arises for you, we will contact you soon after you place your order to ask if you wish to pay for the special lenses or if you wish to change or cancel your order.
On your prescription, abbreviations will more than likely be used:
• ‘L’ will refer to your ‘Left Eye’ • ‘SPH’ will refer to ‘SPHERE’ • ‘CYL’ will refer to ‘CYLINDER’ • ‘ADD’ or ‘NEAR’ refers to ‘NEAR ADDITION’
Upload a Scan or a Photo of your prescription to us using the form opposite or Email (through our ‘Contact Us’ page) or Post it to us (address found on our ‘Contact Us’ page). OR, if you need ANY CLARIFICATION, you can callus on: +44 (0)1908 965985
Be the first to Write a Review for this item!
Prescription / Alternative Lenses Available at Extra Cost.Free UK Special Delivery & Free Worldwide Secure Delivery.
3 Colour Options Unisex
Frame Size: 56 - 19 - 147
1 Colour Option Unisex
Frame Size: 57 - 18 - 143
Email or Post to us
Tel: +44 (0)1908 965985
© internetspecs.co.uk 2020
Home > SUNGLASSES ● NEW IN